On the 21st of March 2016, Evgeniy Pavlov delivered a lecture on the theme: «Modern engineering support technologies for construction of wells with complex architecture based on LukOil’s experience» within the framework of «Ambassador Lecturer» programme.
Annotation: the following points were discussed in the lecture;
• «historical» approaches applied during drilling. Their positive and negative aspects;
• Approaches for creating multi-level and multi-disciplinary teams for remote monitoring of drilling implemented in LUKOIL Group companies;
• Software for remote monitoring of drilling;
• Equipment for geophysical studies of wells during the process of drilling;
• Basic principles of geo-steering and the experience of its implementation in Western Siberian fields.
Background: Evgeniy Pavlov - an active member of SPE since last year has more than fourteen years of experience in the oil and gas industry. He graduated from the Faculty of Geology at Kazan State University and holds an MBA in "Management of oil and gas businesses". He started as a young specialist at LukOil in 2004 and worked his way up from being an ordinary geologist as part of a structural unit in Western Siberia to Head of Center for Drilling Support at the company’s head office. Currently, he works as a senior manager in the Office of Oil and Gas Production in JSC "LUKOIL". He is the project manager overseeing regional activities in - "LUKOIL-Komi" and MRO "West Africa, Europe and America". He authored several publications in journals such as; Engineering Practice, Interval, Drilling and Oil, Russian Oil etc.